Cloud Computing becomes more and more popular in recent years. However, not all people know “How many service types does Cloud Computing include?”. And, the following article will help you to find it out.
1. Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS): Providing users with an infrastructure (usually in the form of virtual machines) as a service.
IaaS clouds often provide additional resources, such as images in the library, raw data, firewall, load balancer, IP address, virtual networks (VLAN), and included software. IaaS cloud providers supply these on-demand resources from their large collections that are already installed in data centers. For the wide area, customers can use the Internet or carrier clouds (for virtual private networks).
Some major features of IaaS:
- Providing resources as a service: including the server, network device, memory, CPU, hard disk space, data center equipment.
- Flexible scalability
- The cost according to the actuality
- Multiple users can share the same resource
- Benefiting the company by a computational resource
2. Platform as a Service (PaaS): Providing API for application development on a platform.
In the PaaS model, cloud service providers typically supply computing platforms, including databases, operating systems, programming language environments, and servers. Application developers can run their software solutions on a Cloud Computing platform without the expense and complexity of purchasing and managing basic hardware and software. With some PaaS packages, storage resources are automatically scaled to fit the needs of the application so that users themselves do not have to allocate resources.
Some major features of PaaS:
- It serves the development, testing, deployment and operation of applications as an integrated development environment
- Initialization tools with the web-based interface.
- Uniform architecture
- Integration of web services and databases
3. Software-as-a-Service (SaaS): Providing software services for remote execution.
Software service (SaaS) is an application deployment model where the provider allows the user to use the service on demand. Cloud computing users do not manage the cloud infrastructure and platforms on which applications are running. This eliminates the need to install and run applications on a user’s computer, which simplifies the maintenance.
What makes a cloud application different to others is its scalability. This can be achieved by cloning on multiple virtual machines to meet changing needs. The load balancer distributes the work on the settings of the virtual machine. This process is completely invisible to the user, they only see a single access point.
To support a large number of users, cloud applications have multitasking operation. It means that every server can perform more than one organization. Referring to these types of cloud application software has become popular with a naming form: desktop as a service process, business process as a service, test environment as a service, communication as a service.
Some major features of SaaS:
- The software requires access, management over the network.
- Allowing customers to remotely access the web.
- Enhanced features help users get rid of patches and updates.
- Frequently integrating the communication software on the wide area network.
3 major Cloud Computing service types
Here are 3 major Cloud Computing service types. Hope that after reading this article, you can know more information about Cloud Computing – must-know trend.